Thursday, November 20, 2008

Generally Speaking

Its an awful shame I think. Everyone's favourite season of joy is around the corner and yet strangely I cant hear any bells ringing at all. Neither is the cash register at Walmart tinkling. There is just too much of gloom and worry in the air. Either people have already lost money or are on their way to losing some. Lots have lost jobs. That directly contributes to an increase in gambling and mental depression.

Personally I have been affected too. The good point about being a content writer is that you are your own boss. And the bad point is that you dont know where your next cheque is coming from. Thanks to the global recession that has simply permeated almost every industry, either on going projects have been shelved, or payment isnt turning up anytime soon. Very frustrating. Am too used to a creative outlet to stay quiet but the restlessness that is so a part of me right now, refuses to reflect and write poetry. Just wont and I cant force it.

On the home front, I have started to give my baby solid food and he looks even cuter with the mash all over his face. Of late he has figured out a way to make me laugh just when am about to tick him off for something. He puts his toungue out. That totally disarms me. And makes me laugh. So for him, its mission accomplished. I have also been able to keep a tab on my wild temper, which flares up usually without notice and in a nano second.

Am thinking of having some friends over for xmas. Will do the quietness in the air good. A really excited deep down. Its our first xmas, just the three of us together and am so waiting to put up the tree and do all the other chrismassy stuff. Our baby will have a great time playing around with all the decorations am sure. It would help, really help, if everything was happier around me. Its true what they say- you dont know what you have till its missing. Happiness, come back. Please.

No comments: