Wednesday, March 03, 2010

A promise all over again


I recently revamped my blog, added a few gadgets here and there, changed the color of the layout from a leafy green to the colors that you see now. Changing such small things actually has such a big impact on how I write, when I write and even what I write. There are some days when I feel like dressing up like am going for a funeral, and on other days I dress up like a rainbow at home. My hubby has given up. Immaculate dresser that he is, he cant figure out why I can be more careful about things like that! Truth is, as a writer I have now come to believe that the lack of a dressing sense is almost EXPECTED from me, and it will be forgiven. After all, don't people usually assume that a  writer isn't exactly like other Normal people?? I know a number who do. 


So am working against the clock. Again. I don't want to be stuck with my laptop the whole time am there in Cochin, so am trying hard to finish off some current projects. I remember a time when I would weep because there wasnt even one single project around and nobody even knew I existed. By God's grace, at least that has changed. I now have clients who ask specifically for me, and who are willing to wait till my work schedule clears up a bit. One client is patiently waiting for me to go home and get back, so that we can begin work on his project. I feel so guilty I cant tell you how much.. But then again, with a toddler who is endlessly testing my patience, I have to make a sacrifice somewhere..


On the cooking front- I recently made some home made custard with a blueberry compote. I am not even sure if you get things like blueberry back in India, and I really want to make use of the fact that you get them in plenty here. If you like custard, chuck out the ready made powder that you get which needs to be added to milk and then cooked. Make it from scratch. Trust me, its worth it. The custard tastes different, has a silky texture to it and is just divine. In the end my trifle pudding wasnt exactly the kid you may be used to. I put one layer of cake, which was in my shelf for weeks, topped that with a huge layer of custard and then blueberry compote ( blueberry+water+sugar) on top as a kind of sweet dressing.  Whats the point if you cant play around a but and improvise somebody else's recipe?


So I begin this month with another promise- one that I have made so many many times before. That I will write my blog more often. Not because I have a huge following or something, but just to keep in touch with the real me and my thoughts. These days, its easy to forget yourself..

1 comment:

Divya Kudua said...

Hey Sanju..would you believe me if I told you yours was the first blog I ever visited..of course,then I didn't even know what a blog was all about.You sent me a link then..something which read Sunshine.. went back to your blog whenever I logged in and after some time lost the link and hence stopped reading it.[Didn't know bookmarks/favorites tab even existed!]

I so look forward to your blog posts coz I enjoy reading it.I would be one happy person if you can update it more often.I know,with a kid who drives you up the wall it could be difficult.But I know,you work very well under pressure!!

Have a great holiday in Cochin.I don't see myself traveling to Ekm anytime soon..!!